SimpleOCR

Alan

And me from Sweden
OCR or Optical Character Recognition is the conversion of images containing text into machine-encoded text, maybe from a scanned document. It means taking the text from a photo of a document and being able to paste it in a text editor. SimpleOCR is what it says it is - simple. OK the interface is not all that but who cares when its 99% accurate and 100% free.
SimpleOCR works on any version of windows, from Windows 95-10 and beyond!. Your scanner need only a TWAIN driver, the driver that comes with a majority of all scanners sold. In short, SimpleOCR will most likely work with the PC and scanner you already have.

Rather than me rave on about it and as there is a lot of features to read about, visit their homepage where you can also download the software.
You can of course click on the attachment below (InstSocr.zip) and download it directly but if you choose to download it from their site then pick the "Download SimpleOCR (Europe)" link at the bottom of the page for an instant (no account) download.

Website

Attachments

Alan

And me from Sweden
Well Amber, to quote my description above: "It means taking the text from a photo of a document and being able to paste it in a text editor. "
So if you had for example, a photo with text on it or a written document which you could scan and wanted to edit the text and email it or print out an edited version of the text then you would use an OCR software. It recognises the letters and words in scanned documents enabling you to paste them into a text editor.

Latest posts