Location of Mayflower Steps Plymouth Barbican Devon

There is a lot of hard evidence of their stay in the hostelries around the Barbican and some of those building are still
standing and in use today.
But I think a lot of the folklore came about by some businesses trying to cash in and grab the tourists. Folklore like the
original step are in the ladies toilet of a nearby public house come hotel.

Amber32

Staff member
I think we all had a nice chat about this right at the begining and didn't we come to the conclusion that
it was all a publicity stunt by the then landlord to draw in customers.

I think I'm satisfied by all that has been posted on here that they were never where the pub now stands.

I think we all had a nice chat about this right at the begining and didn't we come to the conclusion that
it was all a publicity stunt by the then landlord to draw in customers.

I think I'm satisfied by all that has been posted on here that they were never where the pub now stands.

Just thought it funny that Fox news in the US was picking it up. Would not be the first nor last false story the organization peddled.

Amber32

Staff member
A lot of stories and articles are saying the "steps have been found" but no one has ever had a dig
to check or confirm.
How can you claim something is right if no-one has ever seen it.

If it really was true, then they would have been exposed years ago and especially for this year coming.

I am with you all on this, how can you claim something that there is no record of and the value of would have brought funds in the £millions to bring them to life and then charge the public to see them.
They wouldn't be short of visitors.

Like has been said, this was just a gimmick made up by a past landlord to get his pub name on the map and hope to attract customers to the bar.

Latest posts