All The News and What News It Is!!!

Alan

And me from Sweden
10.05am update: Theresa May announces resignation date
Theresa May has announced she will resign as Prime Minister on June 7.

9.00am update: Ken Clarke claims Tory MPs did not vote Conservative
Veteran Tory MP Ken Clarke has suggested the majority of Tory MPs did not support their own party in the European election.
The former chancellor told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "I suspect the majority of Conservative MPs did not vote Conservative yesterday."

8.40am update: Ukip deputy leader quits and launches leadership bid
Ukip deputy leader Mike Hookem has announced he has resigned and will run for party leader.
Mr Hookem said he can no longer support the direction of party leader Gerard Batten and wants to offer "a real alternative" to his leadership that would "consolidate and rebuild our party".
Mr Batten has already said he will stand down on June 2, prompting a leadership contest.
In a letter sent to party officials at the close of polls in the European elections, Mr Hookem said: "I believe Ukip always has been and always should be a libertarian party that encourages and promotes common-sense policies with a broad electoral appeal.
"However, under Mr Batten's leadership, and despite my appeals, Ukip has been derailed from this objective.
"Mr Batten's policy direction and associations have given the mainstream media the ammunition to label our party 'extreme' and 'far-right', accusations I do not believe to be true."

Theresa May resigns to put country first ‘I have done my best’
THERESA May is to quit as leader of Conservative Party on June 7 after massive pressure from Tory backbenchers to name the date of her departure as Prime Minister, triggering a Conservative Party leadership contest, with her voice breaking with emotion during an emotional statement outside Number 10.
After almost three years in office bogged down by Brexit, the Prime Minister met with Sir Graham Brady, chairman of the powerful Conservative 1922 Committee, with an insider they had urged her to stay as PM pending while Tories pick a new leader. Mr May is likely to remain in office during a Conservative Party leadership election lasting about six weeks. Afterwards in a statement in which she was close to tears, she said: "It is and will always remain a matter of deep regret to me that I have not been able to deliver Brexit."

Latest posts